Enrichment and Opportunities
There are a range of Enrichment activities for all students to take part in at St. Julie’s Sixth Form. The activities include:
- Primary School Volunteer programme – this volunteer programme has been running very successfully for the past six years in collaboration with Much Woolton, St. Marks, St. Austin’s, Bishop Eton and St. Andrew’s primary schools to name but a few. The students engage in a number of activities from paired reading to help with sporting activities. A number of students take part in this programme as they develop their skills in preparation for their chosen career paths into the teaching profession.
- CISI Business Diploma – Equivalent to an A/S Level, this takes place outside of school on Wednesday afternoon
- Paired Reading – this programme works alongside the SEN department in which Sixth Form students work alongside Year 7 pupils to help them on a one-to-one basis with developing their reading skills
- Paired Maths - this programme works alongside the Maths department in which Sixth Form students work alongside Year 7 pupils to help them on a one-to-one basis with developing their basic maths skills
- Liverpool Schools’ Parliament – regular events and meeting with students from across the city to discuss issues of local, national and global significance.
- Model United Nations – an opportunity for students to reflect on issues of global citizenship and to develop debating skills
- Student Support: The University of Liverpool - St. Julie’s Catholic Sixth Form continues to develop strong links with The University of Liverpool to support students who wish to access Medical degree courses. This unique partnership enables St. Julie’s Sixth Form students to register and receive up-to-date information on medical applications, the interview process as well as opportunities to Skype other medical students. This ongoing partnership is supported by former students who are now successfully enrolled onto Medical degree courses at The University of Liverpool. More information is available here www.one2onemedicine.com
- HE+ - a programme run in collaboration with the University of Cambridge which provides students with high attainment at GCSE the opportunity to participate in super-curricular enrichment activities and support for applications to Russell Group Universities.
- Lessons from Auschwitz - a fully funded day trip for 2 students each year to visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp in Poland.
- Tomorrow's Teachers - run in collaboration with Edge Hill University, this offers pre-teacher training to potential Primary and Secondary teaching applicants.